Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day=Seth???















This is my friend Seth. Seth is the manliest man I know: the first day I met him he threatened to beat me up, the last day I saw him he tried to kiss me, and in between I listened to him discourse on literature, politics, and love, all while imbibing every mind-altering substance he could get his hands on. Total renaissance man, he is good at everything, sucks at nothing, and is covered head-to-toe in a soft, dark, and luxurious hair that makes the (Alaskan) ladies swoon.

I am not an Alaskan lady, however, which begs the question: Why am I posting a mix for Seth on Valentine's Day? I'm not sure. I guess it's probably because he was the last non-family member to tell me he loved me. That's just the kind of guy we're talking about. Here's to you, baby.

1. "The Garden of Eden," Charlton Heston
2.
"Dangerous," Busta Rhymes
3.
"Protect Ya Neck," Wu-Tang Clan
4.
"Manic Depression," Jimi Hendrix
5.
"I Saw a Hippie Girl on 8th Ave," Jeffrey Lewis
6.
"Father to a Sister of Thought," Pavement
7.
"King of the Rodeo," Kings of Leon
8.
"One More Chance," Notorious B.I.G.
9.
"The Old Man Down the Road," John Fogerty
10.
"Bring On the Lucie (Freeda Peeple)," John Lennon
11.
"Sharp Dressed Man," ZZ Top
12.
"Happy Boy," Beat Farmers
13.
"The Sporting Life," The Decemberists
14.
"Freakin' at the Freakers' Ball," Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show
15.
"How Deep Is Your Love," Bee Gees
16.
"Hungry Heart," Bruce Springsteen
17.
"Ride the Cliche," Stone Temple Pilots
18.
"I'm Waiting for the Man (Stereo)," The Velvet Underground






No comments: