Sunday, February 10, 2008

First Mix on the New Blog

Ladies and Gents,

I'm hoping this small blog will give me a good place to publish my mixes--playlists I make often for others, always for myself, downloading from Itunes and then into my computer and, finally, into an audio-sized CD I make for my friends, for the car, etc. I'm hoping to share good music, encourage others to do the same. Maybe I'll be posting some of my own stories here, too, along with whatever else I come up with. I expect this to be a editorially adventurous adventure.

Here's the mix I made the other day when I called in sick:


This One's for Me

1. A-Punk, Vampire Weekend, Vampire Weekend




















2. I Believe In You, Cat Power, Jukebox




















3. Kate Nash, "Made of Bricks"




















4. Miss Magnolia, Matt Costa, Unfamiliar Faces


















5. Love and Tenderness, Al Green, The Love Songs Collection




















6. Monsoon, Jack Johnson, Sleep Through the Static


















7. The Bank, Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton, What Is Free to a Good Home?


















8. Far Far, Yael Naim, Yael Naim




















9. New Soul, Yael Naim, Yael Naim

10. Mr. Pitiful, Matt Costa, Unfamiliar Faces

11. Rowboat, Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton, What Is Free to a Good Home?

12. Metal Heart, Cat Power, Jukebox

13. You Have Been Loved, Sia, Some People Have Real Problems

















14. Sunshine, Matt Costa, Songs We Sing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought these were gonna be links to downloadable tracks! there is no iTunes in my country (or there might be, who knows, but i don't want to install it).

Next Flix said...

Come on Emilito, legal commerce is good for everyone! I wholeheartedly support (read: hope to get a tiny scrap at the table of) iTunes.