Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've Got Friday Figured Out--Trust Me

Friday: It's a great day, full of promise for the weekend. But if you're a ninetofiver like me, it can also be one of the longest days of the week. Luckily I have figured out a plan to get us all through...musically, of course.

9am:
1. Drink coffee.
2. Stare out the window and don't start working yet.
3. Listen to this, because it's a great song, it's a mellow start to your day, and the video is very very interesting:


12pm:
1. Eat your lunch.
2. Go to www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com and find out which celebrities did what bad things with whom yesterday (it's a great site!)
3. Listen to this...hopefully it'll give you some energy to get through the afternoon. It might also make you hate the capitalist machine to which you are a slave. Slavery never sounded so good:


4:45pm
1. Quit working. (If you quit 15 minutes ago, that's okay too.)
2. Repeat this mantra in your brain: I am sexy. This weekend I will bring sexy back for good.
3. Listen to this:

4. Calm down stud/hottie! It's probably going to be another one of those weekends where you eye a girl/boy across the room, she/he eyes you up too, but neither of you make a move. What is wrong with my life? Why don't I go talk to her? I'm cute, right? Is it my hair? Do I smell? Man, the guy who sits in the cubicle next to me smells. Oh my god I hate my job...someone let me out of here! I need to go home and cry.
5. For whatever reason, listen to this:

6. Go home and go straight to the bottle, like I'm gonna. Don't worry pal, we'll get 'em next week.

iTunes linkies here, here, here, and here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to punch you for step 5. In the face.